Friday, December 09, 2011

1979 Classic

"1979 Classic , Baton Rouge LA" 2011 from the series AUTOMATIC
All reproduction rights reserved Wm. Greiner

It was the Spring of 1979, I was driving home from Boston with a school mate in my third hand Cadillac El Dorado. We were headed to his hometown of Hallandale FL., when we decided to stop at a friends place in New York.

Gary lived in a high rise tenement apartment, somewhere in Manhattan. We ended up staying for two weeks because of the gas shortage. I was wondering if I would ever make it home. However, after a few weeks, with the Caddy parked on the sidewalk, gas lines shortened and we made it to Florida.

By this time, I was out of money, living on a Sears credit card, because Sears had a food counter. One day my dad called with some excuse, like my insurance was expiring and I had to get back to Louisiana.

Yes, 1979 was a classic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home