Thursday, September 30, 2010
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
The exhibition offers not only glimpses of Louisiana and its people throughout the 20th century, but it also displays the evolution of photographic technology. The works from the two collections were chosen to provide a well-rounded overview of Louisiana photography, and among the photographers represented are , Arnold Genthe, Ernest Bellocq, William Greiner and .
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Before the BP oil spill, the Gulf Coast was a place of abundant shrimping, tourist-filled beaches and a happy if humble lifestyle. Now, it's home to depression, worry and sadness for many.
A Gallup survey released Tuesday of almost 2,600 coastal residents showed that depression cases are up more than 25 percent since an explosion killed 11 people and unleashed a three-month gusher of crude into the Gulf in April that ruined many livelihoods. The conclusions were consistent with trends seen in smaller studies and witnessed by mental health workers.*
* Gallup: Depression up 25 percent on Gulf after oil
- By JAY REEVES
- Associated Press writer
- Published: Sep 28, 2010
Monday, September 27, 2010
OF TIME and PLACE
Friday, September 24, 2010
Thursday, September 23, 2010
WHEN THE MUSIC STOPS.....
As a kid, I desperately wanted to play a musical instrument. I attempted playing the piano, drums, guitar and finally the bass (since it only had four strings).
However, to play music – a great gift, was for me not meant to be.
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Searching Big Sky
Big Sky may also refer to:
- Big Sky (TV series), an Australian televised drama that ran from 1997-1999
- Big Sky, Montana
- The Big Sky (novel), a 1947 novel by A. B. Guthrie, Jr.
- The Big Sky (film), a 1952 film by Howard Hawks, adapted from the novel
- The Big Sky (song), a 1986 song by Kate Bush
- Big Sky (Brett Garsed album), a 2002 album by Brett Garsed
- Big Sky (Highway 101 album), a 2000 album by Highway 101
- Big Sky (One More Girl album), a 2009 album by One More Girl
- Big Sky (wrestler), ring name of Canadian actor and former professional wrestler Daryl Karolat, who is better known by the stage name Tyler Mane
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Monday, September 20, 2010
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Saturday, September 18, 2010
Friday, September 17, 2010
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
PICTURING PEOPLE - Cason Mays
IN THE OUT DOOR
Monday, September 13, 2010
TOURIST vs. TRAVELER
I am loathed to think of myself as a tourist. The word conjures up images of being herded around on a bus and being shown landmarks and highlights.
As a traveler, I seek the essence of a place. I want to experience the normal, everyday aspect of a city or place. My photographs, I think, attest to this notion.
I am a traveler.