Saturday, January 10, 2009

ALL HANDS ON DECK

Rick's Hand on Deck, 12/2008 from the series CRUISE
All reproduction rights reserved Wm. Greiner

Spending 14 days on a ship , seeing the same people everyday , you are bound to meet interesting people? Rick McKay was one of those people. 

I would wake up for coffee early every morning and I kept running into Rick. Rick is an award winning documentary filmmaker, having specialized in interviewing Broadway stars and thus preserving theatre history. I didn't think I had much interest in theatre but I kept recalling different theatre people I had known, met or dined with over the years - Andrew DeSheilds, Patti Lapone and Bryan Batt came up.

One morning , in conversation and animation , Rick was good at both, I made a picture of his hand. Later , Rick told me he had been a hand model!

All hands on deck.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julian said...

Got "The Repose" for Christmas... Excellent work! I think that I'm to late to pick up your latest work is this true?
-julian

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home