Saturday, November 18, 2006

Shirley Kross Greiner (1921-2006)

White Wall , New Orleans , 1989 from The Reposed
all reproduction rights reserved William Greiner


Shirley Kross Greiner , of New Orleans, LA, on Thursday, November 16, 2006, at the age of 84. Survived by her lifelong husband of 63 years, Joseph Neville Greiner and three children: Joseph Neville Greiner Jr., Kathleen Marie Smetek and William Kross Greiner, as well as eight grandchildren and three great-grandchildren. Daughter of the late Leah Bell Kross and William John Kross. She was a graduate of Newcomb College, New Orleans.


Private services and Memorial Mass were held , Friday , November 17, 2006 at the chapel of Lakelawn Park Mausoleum , New Orleans , LA. Internment in Lakelawn Park Mausoleum , New Orleans , LA.


In lieu of flowers, it is requested that donations may be made to benefit City Park New Orleans , 1 Palm Drive , New Orleans, LA 70124 , by phone 504-483-9459 or email jhopper@nocp.org

5 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

I'm sad for you Wm.

2:33 PM  
Blogger ben huff said...

my heart is with you today william- i'm sorry to hear the news.

4:18 PM  
Blogger William Greiner said...

Thank you! I failed to mention that the cemetery picture I posted was one of the images John Szarkowski purchased for the Museum of Modern Art collection in New York. It was not long after this , that the image was exhibited in a recent acquisitions show. It was a great moment for me , and I snapped a picture of my parents looking at the print on the wall at MOMA.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Jim Green said...

sorry to hear your sad news William, my thoughts are with you.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Bill Bowden said...

William, I am also sorry to hear about your loss. Could you post that photo of your parents looking at this print? Just temporarily? I'm sure that was a great moment.

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home