Thursday, May 05, 2011

Eight Days in Spring – The New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival

Drink Cup, Jazzfest - New Orleans LA 2005
All reproduction rights reserved Wm. Greiner

One year the New Orleans “Jazzfest” was held over two, four day weekends. This experiment lasted only one year, but it was the first time I had gone to the “Fest” and made any photographs.

I lived in New Orleans most of my life, never having attended Jazzfest. This had as much to do with my aversion to crowds as anything and Jazzfest could draw some big crowds. When I started dating my wife , Stephanie, she dragged me there one year. It was the first day and the crowds were light. I was hooked and we have been going ever since.

I mostly go to listen to music, eat, people watch and generally have fun. However, since making photographs is an obsession, I had to make photographs. I have avoided making pictures of musicians and instead have concentrated on the people , place and things which make this event unique.


To learn more: www.nojazzfest.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home