Wednesday, April 06, 2011

The Story of Keith (Part 1)

Keith Concar, Baton Rouge LA 2011
All reproduction rights reserved Wm. Greiner

Keith Concar has the good looks of a movie star. He is also quite an athlete, playing top level amateur tennis events around the country. I got to know Keith when he was here recently for an international tennis tournament.

My admiration and respect for Keith grew as he told me that he had come down to New Orleans after hurricane Katrina with his church group. They came to help rebuild houses and the city. He liked the work so much that he stayed after his group left to continue rebuilding.

As a New Orleans native, I cannot help but love anyone who would give so much of themselves for our community. I was an instant fan!

While he was here for the tournament, I tried to stay each day to watch his matches, cheer him on and support his efforts. In one of his doubles matches , he and his partner were down, so I cheered hard and loud. I think it helped, they fought back and won the match to play the next day……….. (part 1)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home