Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Fee Feye Foe Fum why pay another one!

BAFFLE RING $2.00 SHAFT .75 cents , New Orleans 2005
All reproduction rights reserved Wm. Greiner
If an arts organization, and I use that term loosely, cannot fund an exhibition.......they should not be trying to mount one? Obviously , the days of sending slides and a sase , has been replaced with send a cd and a Fee!
And I am not referring to any organization specifically! This trend is one of many I have noticed, which I think is a result of a maturing medium (photography) and the growing legend of it's practitioners!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jacksonism said...

Amen, brother! Don't forget 'contests' and 'portfolio reviews', which are the best scams going right now. And they're totally legal.

6:30 PM  
Blogger William Greiner said...

Earlier in my career , I attended Fotofest in Houston , and the experience was a valuable one! I met great friends and made contacts with many museum curators and gallery directors.

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home