Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Revisiting: "Where I've Been, New Orleans 2014"

"Where I've Been, New Orleans 2014", 4' x 4 3/4" , acrylic paint and paper on canvas.
Courtesy of the Luciana Benetton collection. All reproduction rights reserved.


It was such an exciting pleasure when my friend, and curator extrodinaire Diego Cortez, invited me to do a work for the Luciano Benetton Collection in Italy. This was my first chance to exhibit and disseminate something from my new project which involves repurposing old road maps. This was a perfect fit, because the project was about Louisiana and my hometown of New Orleans.

My work along with a long list of stellar New Orleans artists' work, was exhibited at The New Orleans Museum of Art in 2014. The whole project, titled "Reparation" , was also reproduced in a beautiful hard bound catalogue.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home