Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Letter to Jeff Lamb

HOPE MAUSOLEUM , New Orleans LA 2004 from the series Fallen Paradise
All reproduction rights reserved Wm. Greiner

Dear Jeff,

I really did not know you as a flesh and blood person. We connected on Facebook, like so many do. Through your photographs, mostly of New Orleans , and your posting about your wife, Leyla and your dog, Sonny,I felt like I knew you.

We talked about the city, photography and life. You posted updates often, it was like a running dialogue and I would respond. You were making some fine images of Detroit too. A city I have never visited but connected with in part because of your pictures.

And then, I was busy and did not notice that you had become silent. A recent message to you, responded to by Leyla,told me something was very wrong. I found your obituary after a search, how else, online. I was as sad as if we had been neighbors and drinking buddies for 20 years.

I am sorry I did not notice. I am sorry it took so long! I so appreciated your passion for New Orleans, photography, your family and your dog. You are gone but you are not forgotten.

Thank you my friend. God bless you and rest in peace.

Wm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home