Wednesday, December 29, 2010

REMEMBERING JORDAN

Jordan Gautreau, Baton Rouge LA 1997 from the series Perilous Pilgrimage
All reproduction rights reserved Wm. Greiner

I was working on the series , Perilous Pilgrimage , when I made this image of my nephew, Jordan Gautreau in 1997. The idea for the work was that growing up was fraught with risk and that over time, children took on more adult like mannerisms.

Tragically, Jordan was killed , at the age of 22 this past November, in a freak automobile accident. He had made it through that Perilous Pilgrimage, only to be taken prematurely as a young adult.

I have always loved , and appreciated, the way photography stops time and leaves indelible images for us to always remember.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Sebastian said...

My god. So sad. God bless him, and his grieving family.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home