Wednesday, October 28, 2009

SPEED DIAL

Wires and Clouds, New Orleans LA 2004 from Wired Sky
All reproduction rights reserved Wm. Greiner

The world is a shrinking and everyone is on speed dial or one click away!

Yesterday , in the newspaper, appeared an Afghanistan war photograph by AP photographer David Guttenfelder. It was an amazing picture of two American soldiers firing a mortar from what looked like a courtyard at dusk. The photograph struck me in so many ways, and it was strangely beautiful, poetic. I felt bad for looking at this picture and having these thoughts? It’s a war! American soldiers are risking their lives, dying for a cause.

I did a quick search and found an email address for David. I sent off a short note and in less than six hours, he had replied thanking me for some kind words.

The world is shrinking and I wish we could all get along.

3 Comments:

Blogger Connie said...

Hello William!
I don't know if you will remember me - but I met you in 1994 - also acquired two of your photographs at the time. I've been living in Italy for the last 8 years - traveling around the world and have just returned to my home in Alaska. I have the photographs prominently displayed in my meditation room...and suddenly became curious as to where you were, what you were up to and found this Blog site and see you've published a book. Congrats! I'd like to connect again if you have the inclination

11:18 AM  
Blogger William Greiner said...

Hi Connie! Thanks for getting in touch. I also have a website, www.williamgreiner.com , where you can find contact info. for me. Thanks. Best, Wm.

11:22 AM  
Blogger William Greiner said...

Hi Connie! Thanks for getting in touch. I also have a website, www.williamgreiner.com , where you can find contact info. for me. Thanks. Best, Wm.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home