Saturday, January 20, 2007

DOUBLOONS?

Jax Brewery doubloon, commemorating the Saints vs. Bears game in 1968

Strange things happen to me sometimes or more aptly , odd coincidences.

We moved again recently , for the second time in a year and a half. I am tired of moving stuff and everytime I do move, I find myself pawning things off on my 7 year old. It's new and exciting stuff to him?

So I gave him a big box of doubloons , which made his eyes light up. Not long after I gave him the box , he brought one to me. It was a promotional Jax Brewery (now defunct New Orleans beer label) doubloon , commemorating the New Orleans Saints vs. Chicago Bears game in 1968. I don't remember who one that game (probably the Bears) but I sure know who I want to win this one!

GO SAINTS, circa 2007.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there... I'm here from the Pop Photo article. Nice blog. I like the personal touches on your writing, seems less commercial than the others I have gone to. Not that your less serious or less professional, but certainly more connected on a human and spiritual level. I liken myself to that as well, posting more of a journal with my photography, rather than a place to sell myself. I look forward to following your work.

I'll be following the Saints today! I hope they take it all this year, they deserve it!!!

7:20 AM  
Blogger sd said...

Unfortunately the Bears won that one, the score was Chicago 23, New Orleans 17.
My husband has quite a collection of doubloons dated from 1968-1974, neatly organized in an album with all the scores for each game, along with a few player doubloons. I was curious if anyone had an idea of what they could possibly be worth?

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home